Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999
Patient online triage

Summary Care Record

The NHS in England has introduced the Summary Care Record, an electronic health record that can be accessed when you need urgent treatment from somebody other than your own GP.

Summary Care Records contain key information about medicines you are taking, allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines you have had in the past. You will be able to add other information too if you and your GP agree that it is a good idea to do so.

If you have an Accident or fall ill, the people caring for you in places like Accident and emergency departments and GP out of hours services will be better equipped to treat you if they have this information. Your Summary Care Record will be available to authorised healthcare staff whenever and wherever you need treatment in England, and they will ask your permission before they look at it.

You need to make a decision

Your GP practice is supporting Summary Care Records and as a patient you have a choice:

  • Yes, I would like a Summary Care Record.

If you want a record you do not need to do anything further, one will be created for you when you register with your GP practice. If you opted out of having a record in the past but have now changed your mind, please speak to the practice and they can create one for you.

  • No, I do not want a Summary Care Record.

If you do not want a record, you need to fill in the Summary Care Record opt out form and hand it in to your GP practice. You should do this even if you have already complete a form at your previous practice. Opt out forms are available from your GP practice or you can get one from the website below.

You are free to change you decision at any time by informing your GP practice.

Children under 16 will automatically have a Summary Care Record created for them unless their parent or guardian chooses to opt them out. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 16 and feel they are old enough to understand, please tell them about Summary Care Records and explain the options available to them.

For more information talk to your GP practice or call the Health and Social Care Information Centre on 0300 303 5678.

Download a form to opt out of having a Summary Care Record (SCR)

Local Services, Let Linden Lodge Nursing Home
Local Services, Let Linden Lodge Nursing Home